Monday, October 4, 2010

Online Friendships

A while back when I was a few weeks pregnant, I joined an online parenting forum. Within that forum I joined what is called a 'Due-In' group, which consists of other women that are due around the same time as you are. Our little group have became extremely close, we now even have our own little private group where we converse with each other daily, and sometimes at all hours of the night.

I've been having a rough few weeks lately, both emotionally and mentally. Last Tuesday I answered a loud knock at the door and was greeted by a man with these in his arms...



They were from the lovely group of ladies, with a teddy bear each for the kidlets as well. With them brought a few tears, but not sad ones. Tears of absolute joy that a group of people that I have never met showed me such love, it seriously has made my month. I find it truly amazing the gift that the internet is able to provide, I seriously don't know how I would get by each day with out the support of these wonderful friends. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to met them in person.

1 comment:

Cat said...

That's beautiful Keshia. I love that you have a great network of people, virtual or no. :) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails