Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Dying Art Form...

image from here
After reading Cat's post here, I started to have a think, I'm one of those over-thinker type of people, once my brain gets going it just does not stop.

The last time I really sat down and wrote something was probably in a University lecture a few years ago and the last time I wrote a proper hand written letter was probably when I was 12! I think its sad really that gone are the days of receiving a letter in the mail that does not consist of typed words or worse, bills!

So thats when I got thinking, (and haven't really stopped) who would be interested in a handwritten letter swap? I haven't really thought of the ins and outs of the whole thing yet, but maybe I could set a topic, or a series of questions that you could write about in your letter to an assigned partner (or group if there is enough interest) and then you could all send away and hopefully receive one in return... who knows, you may even find an old school pen-friend in the making, and maybe we could put a bit of life back into this dying art.

So are you interested?

4 comments:

bobby said...

Fantastic idea!

I recently bought a journal for such things.

Sign me up.

Eme Creations said...

What a great idea.

Count me in.

Have a great weekend.

Hayley said...

What a great idea...so very clever :)

Cathie said...

it is sad thing when you try to collect stamps & you don't get any letters in the mailbox!
I realised this when I wanted to collect some for my little ones kinder class.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails