Saturday, September 11, 2010

Handwritten Letter Swap


So, after thinking about it a bit more, and getting a little bit of interest form a few of you in blogging world (and a few of my friends who aren’t) I have sorted out the ins and outs of the Letter Swap.

Once a week I will post a topic, they will be open ended so that you can make the letters your own. I will do this for 10 weeks, hopefully by this stage you will have swapped enough letters with numerous people and have a gage on whom you may continue to be old school ‘pen friends’ with. At this stage, you will be writing to everyone who signs up for the swap – but if the numbers grow large I will group people up.

To get you thinking about your first letter, the topic will be ‘Hi, my name is...’, tell your reader/s who you are, what you are about, what makes you ‘you’ and the things that you enjoy. Each person will send this letter to their recipients and then when the next topic is posted, your recipients reply to your letter (and you to your own letters you have received) including the new topic.

You can join in the swap at anytime, you will just have to start with a ‘Hi, my name is’ letter and then continue with the next topic.

Does that make sense (it seems to in my brain, but I know what I’m trying to say).

I have enough interest at the moment to begin, but will leave the ‘offical’ start of the swap until September 20th to give people a change to sign up.

To sign up, leave a comment below with your email address so that I can contact you to get your details and also to let you know your recipients details, maybe leaving a link to your blog would be handy to so that people can see a little about you and maybe have an idea on things to write about in their letters. Don’t forget to let your friends who may be interested know about the swap, the more the merrier! 


5 comments:

Eme Creations said...

Hi, Count me in. I think this is a fab idea.

Lisa Mocker
emecreate@bigpond.com
http://emecountrycreations.blogspot.com/

bobby said...

Bobby
discontinuousreception@hotmail.com
In Search Of

Cat said...

Hip hop hooray! I'm so in. Catch me at cat.beloverly@gmail.com YAY!

Hayley said...

Hi Keshia I am thinking I would like to give it a go!

BTW I linked you on my blog xx

Anonymous said...

Cool idea! Will be back to see how it goes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails