Friday, November 12, 2010

go {heart} yourself #1

Today I am {hearting} my birthmark. A strange thing to love you may think, but mine is unique. You see, I have a strawberry birth mark on the right hand side of my nose that is in the shape of an emu. It changes with me, dark when I am tired or upset, light when I am happy. I have always felt if I were ever to have it removed that I would be taking a little part of ME away. A lot of my close friends don't even notice it until years after they have met me, my friend of 5 years asked me a few months ago 'what has happened to your nose' which sent me running to the bathroom only to discover that she was talking about my 'emu'. I often wonder if I would feel differently about it if I had of be teased as a child about it, but maybe because I am so comfortable with it on my skin that no body notices it unless it is pointed out.


What are you {heart}ing about yourself this week?
"go {heart} yourself is a part of my blog where I will share with you the things that I LOVE about myself, in doing this I hope to also change or improve the things that are stopping me from being who I want to be, ME. I'd love it if you would join in with me, so come on, lets all go {heart} ourselves!"

1 comment:

Hayley said...

what a lovely idea...I will have to join in next week as I just got my computer back and need to load up my photos :)
it really does look like an emu- how cool is that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails