Thursday, December 30, 2010

Get Orgnaised: My Creative Space

gettin


Where do you create? Gone are my days of having a whole room dedicated to crafting, there is just not enough space. For the past few months I have been crafting on the kitchen bench or the dining room table. I don't mind doing this except I found that when I got the crafting bug, by the time I had managed to drag out my huge plastic boxes of fabric and sewing notions, the crafting bug had died.

Not only that - but all my sewing things were stored in those huge UGLY plastic storage boxes on wheels - and they were all stacked in two piles of three in my room. Sometimes they were draped in a fabric I liked - at least to try and hide their uglyness, but most of the time they just sat there reminding me every morning when I woke up how ugly they were.

I can hear all you 'main-land' Aussies screaming in your heads 'Why doesn't this Women go to Ikea'... well, another problem of mine, just make sure you are sitting down before scrolling down...








WE DON"T HAVE AN IKEA!!! (this could be a whole blog post on its own!) Can you just imagine how I survive - I tell you, not well, not well at all.

So off I trekked to the local Kmart the other day and bought a car load of those white boxes that you can see in the above picture and got to work on cleaning out a closet in our dining room to store all my crafty things within easy access. And I must say, I am digging the result (I just won't show you what is opposite this picture - a whole pile of crap which I now have to find homes for)


I still have a lot more crafty things to go through and sort, but now that I have some direction as to how they are being sorted it shouldn't be to long before I will be moving into this wardrobe, let the creating begin!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ooow it looks great. I desperately need to do my crafty room, after Xmas it looks like a bomb site!! Oh but I need the motivation to clean, not craft!! Merry Christmas to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails