Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Creative Space

I have been making so much for everyone else lately, I thought it was about time that I made something for my own daughter. I have a pile of old clothes that I don't wear, but just couldn't throw away so I rummaged through them this morning and pulled out one of my all time favourtie tee's. A few cuts, a few stitches (maybe one swear word!) and about an hour later I had a cute little t-shirt dress for my princess. This is the first time that I have really tried to sew with a stretchy fabric. I normally stick with cottons, easy to sew, great results... So I am very pleased with how it turned out... stretch is hard to sew when you are used to sewing cotton. It doesn't do what you tell it to do and the machine will eat it if your not careful!! (I was lucky, my machine must of been full this morning)


So, she has a little bit to grow into, but I think it looks cute! Ever so soft and comfy and best of all I didn't need to buy a single piece of fabric, talk about saving the environment ;).

Now I am off to rummage through my wardrobe to see what else I can cut up... I wonder if I have any old Christmas tees??

2 comments:

Tat said...

Looks lovely! I've been collecting my old stuff,too, planning to make something out of it one day when I find the time.

BOB & MABEL said...

You've done a great job, she looks gorgeous in her new outfit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails