Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A fly on the wall...

A fly on the wall... ( a blog this post)

I’ve always, as long as I can remember been a reader. The type of reader that becomes so involved in what I read I sometimes feel as though I am living in a fantasy land. I have been known in the past to run into objects, be it walls, tv cabinets, doors... if you can name it I have more than likely crashed into it with my nose in a book.
Most of my all time favourite books come from my childhood, so if I could be a fly on the wall, it would be one that was in my childhood bedroom. I have always held onto the fantasy of my toys, mainly my soft animal/doll collection that they come to life once you shut your eyes for the night, and maybe if I was a fly then I could prove it was true once and for all.

Here are a few of the books that used to take me into this fantasy land that I have never left... (images taken from amazon.com)




and last but not least... my all time favourite


1 comment:

Kim H said...

Loved your post. I was exactly the same with my collection of soft toys - hoping they'd all be having their own little Toyland experience while I slept.

I love The Indian In The Cupboard. My favourite books as a child, s. other than all of my horsey ones, were Enid Blyton's Far Away Tree series. I think they are still my favourite books. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Fanny, Dick and Bessie's...oops...they're now Fran, Rich and Beth...world.

Thanks so much for that lovely nostaglia:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails