Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have a Dream...

...and it’s a big one. And I’m going to have to start buying lottery tickets to fund it. My dream has turned into a life goal, and even though I may only be able to achieve it in a small way, even that I feel could make a difference. My dream goes something like this...

I want to buy an old farm house with lots of bedrooms, and a few paddocks of land. On my old farm house I want to create a sanctuary for troubled teens, to be able to provide for them a safe, relaxing and rejuvenating atmosphere. To teach them skills which perhaps they haven’t had a chance to be exposed to, but most of all to provide a ‘home’ for them in which they are always welcome, no matter how far away they might travel. I have dreams about my old farm house, when I walk in the door I am greeted by many smiling faces of the children who have been and gone hanging on the wall. I can hear the sound of feet on the old style veranda that goes all the way around the house. My old farm house has a red roof, a royal blue, really heavy wood front door which has a brass handle right in the middle of it.

Dreams are never far from reality if you set your mind, and in this case my heart to it. One day this will happen, perhaps once I have finished producing my tribe. Until then, I will continue to dream.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails