Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something new...





I read a blog by Christine Milne about her wonderful and very tasty sounding garden. In one of her recent posts she mentioned about not being able to walk past a nursery without buying something and it reminded me straight away of Charlie. He loves just about anything that grows; flowers, trees, fruits even the grass. On our balcony we have a selection of various plants that I have purchased for him when he tells me with those big, brown eyes...
"mumma, I really, really, really, really, really need that plant."
He waters them everyday without fail, and I just love that this interest has developed within him on his own accord... Even though I love gardening, its not something that I have ever really done on a big scale... a few potted house plants here and there but thats about it.

So after reading the comment left by Christine about some suggestions on what to plant and a photo ask, I decided today would be the day that I slowly step into the world of vegetable gardening, and free up a bit of space in our unused back yard for more of Charlie's must have purchases.

We are starting small, a few broccoli plants (Charlie's favourite), some radishes, cauliflower and some silver-beet (my favourite).

So here for you Christine is some pictures of our day, and thank you for your inspiration.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails