Monday, January 3, 2011

Creative Collective: New Year - New Craft

I'm joining in this month with the Creative Collective challenge, New Year = New Craft. I have started in the past few weeks to get into soft toy making. I have never drafted my own pattern though, and have really wanted to so I gave it a go. Of course, I chose an owl, I love them and thought that it would be simple enough to have a go at...

Arghhh

So introducing Edward the Owl, I thought once I had finished him that he would make a cute pin cushion... Until I heard him screaming out Arghhhhh! I thought to myself, 'thats strange, owls don't make that kind of sound normally', it sounds like he is in pain. Poor Edward, seems he is not cut out to be a pin cushion.

Pins removed and whilst I was hanging out the washing, I heard the sweetest sound...


Hoowit-Hoowhoo!

Seems the little sweet heart had followed me outside and his headache was fixed up by the sun...

Owl See You Later

Now, I was thinking that I would give this little soul away until he decided to hide away from me, until he found his way into a pair of caring little hands, so instead, I am going to make up another one to giveaway, he seemed more pleased about that idea...

Edward the Owl

So, if you would like to win one of Edward's cousins, leave a comment here. I will leave the comments open until the end of this months Challenge, 31st January (Australian Eastern Standard Time). I am happy to post anywhere - but please note that these Owls have small parts and are not intended for small children or adults that tend to put things in their mouth.

Handmade Owly Love



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Edward is adorable! I love your commentary throughout the post too! Well done on your first pattern!

Cat said...

So pleased you're playing along! :) Your cleverness knows no bounds Keshia. xx

Mel said...

Aw he's so cute!

Hayley said...

Hehehe love the way you have written this post..made me smile! How clever are you Edward is super cute..go you xx

Tat said...

I aould love to win Edward's cousin! And I am going to check out the challenge, too.

Anonymous said...

Edward is gorgeous! You are so clever!

Keshia said...

and we have a winner... stay tuned for a post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails