Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Heavy Heart

image from {here}

It’s with a heavy heart and a lump in my throat I write this post today. You see, I am one of those lucky people that have had a best friend that has been just that since birth.

Today, she and her mother left my house after a holiday here in their old home state to return back to their over-seas homes, my friend to Conventary in the UK, her mother to Huston, Texas USA.

This year we will have known each other for 25 years.

I miss her...

I reallymiss her terribly.

I miss her when she is here, because I know that she will go. I miss her when she is not here because she is so far away.

Each time I see her, it’s like we have never been apart, but it still hurts.
I ache for the day when she will be back, and a goodbye will simply mean I’ll see you tomorrow.

I know, that in heart she never really leaves me, but I just want to be able to reach out and touch her, to see the laugh on her face instead of just hearing it.

I believe in soul mates, and she is mine.

I am normally, a very positive person in general...

...But today, my body hurts, my eyes are sore and my heart is heavy, and I just don't feel like being happy.

"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
~ William Shakespeare ~

2 comments:

Tat said...

You are lucky to have a friend like her.

Hayley said...

:( I guess on the bright side knowing you have a friend like that in your life must be one of the best feelings in the world! I hope you all will be able to see each other sooner then you expect xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails