Friday, August 27, 2010

The Age of the Shuffle


I can't remember the last time I actually listened to a song in full. The shuffle button on my iPod certainly gets a fair workout when I get a chance to listen to some music. I don't get much of a chance to listen to music that doesn't consist of pointing your finger and doing the twist, so when I do, I find myself listening to a bit of a song and then flipping through to the next in the hope that I will get through heaps of songs in a short period and feel that my music craving has been satisfied until the next time.

But its not, it is leaving much to be desired. In an effort to complete my 25 before 25, today I have packed the iPod away and reverted to an old school form of music equipment... cd's and cd players... did you know that these things are still around??? That and adding a new cd to my collection (I haven't bought I 'physical  cd' in years, I normally purchase them on iTunes) and am going to spend the afternoon emerged in some music. So on the sampler today is Mumford & Sons, which consists of four West-London boys, who apparently by their Bio, 'create a gutsy, old-time sound that marries the magic of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young with the might of Kings Of Leon, and their incredible energy draws us in quickly to their circle of songs, to the warmth of their stories, and to their magical community of misty-eyed men'. You might remember them from there song 'Little Lion Man' which was the number 1 song on 2009 JJJ hottest 100 countdown. I love this song, but have never bothered to listen to any more of their music until today. Here's hoping it lives up to the same platform that I put little lion man on to.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I love Mumford & Sons. It has been on very high rotation since I first got the album. It has so much in it.. hope you love it too.

PS love your blog (just discovered it)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails