Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Art of Friendship

(Image from We(heart)it)
Have you ever come to a brick wall in what was once an ever lasting friendship. I mean, I've had many friends come and go through out my life, but I have met a couple that I thought would endure the test of time walking along side me.

The best of friends can go long stretches without seeing each other, and when you meet up its like you have never been apart.

But there are somethings, that a best friend just should be there for.

I don't have many 'friends' (I more so have a lot of people that I know), but those people that I do class as my friends, I treat them as an extension of my family. I can't count how many times I have dropped everything to be by their sides. I can't count how many times they have dropped everything to be by my side.

Except one.

I always thought that we would grow old together, not apart. 

I thought that I would miss her, but the reality is that my friend of long ago, has been gone for a long time. I miss what we were, but I have come to the realisation today that I no longer miss her, even though she is still the same person I have grown up and now know and feel the love of some friendships that are not one way streets.

(Image from We(heart)it)


4 comments:

Liz said...

I know exactly what your talking about!

Tat said...

I've lost a couple of friends that I thought would be around forever. The first one I judged too harshly, but it took me years to realise it. The second one I lost in the reverse situation - she judged me. I still miss her friendship, but I must admit that in my case life was just: what went around, came around.

Hayley said...

Sometimes it scares me how similar we are :p. I totally know how you feel I lost my best friend a few years ago and though we have tried to 'patch' things up it will never be the same and I have come to realize we are on different paths and I am ok with that now. You are a wonderful person and anybody (including me)would be proud to have you as friend! xx

Rachel Fenning said...

True and beautiful
I think everyone can relate to this is some way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails