Thursday, August 12, 2010

Silent Reflux...

I'm not much of a swearer, but right now I'd like to say to silent reflux, would you kindly go and four letter word off!!

I've had the feeling that something has not been quite right with my little madam for a few days, and low and behold my mother instincts were right.

Silent Reflux. Which has caused the poor little poppets oesophagus to become inflamed, a little burnt and it has a few ulcers on it from her constantly swallowing 'spewed up' milk. Nice.

She is in pain tonight, and I don't like it. She is lying beside me right now asleep and I can hear and see her swallowing milk back down and her face is grimacing in pain and has a little sob here and there.

I would also like to say a very loud 'for four letter word's sake!!' to the gobble-dee goop bull-poo medical advice that I received from a GP about managing it. I could write a whole post about his need to go back to the research books as he had no clue. All the advice he gave me is almost the exact opposite of what I have found out online and from an ABA counselor after getting home.

Me. I think I'm just upset that she's in pain and there is nothing that I can do for her at the minute. Part of me also feels a little selfish and horrible for also thinking 'oh no, not another no-sleeper'. Charlie's first full night of sleep was on July 15th, 2008. He was 2 years old. Yes, I remember the exact date, because before this he was waking up 5 + times a night. Normally more than 5, but certainly NEVER any less. (No exaggeration either.) I physically and mentally CAN NOT do that again. And its making me nervous just thinking about it...

So we are off the the paediatrician tomorrow to hopefully start getting this nipped in the butt, and to deal with her ulcers.

Wish my sleeping sanity luck...

3 comments:

bobby said...

Remind yourself that it's not selfish to desire sleep when your children will no doubt be the main beneficiaries of a rested mum =)

Hope it passes quickly.

Cat said...

Oh the poor little girl and how awful for you too. What a silly GP you encountered too. I hope the paed is much better at giving you advice. Positive vibes coming at you all. xxx

Hayley said...

Hi Keshia just wanted to check and see how little Miss Ava is doing? I hope all is well and Charlie is being his helpful self..xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails